Sunday, April 7, 2013

Captain America Party: The Invitations

Thanks to Pinterest,  I decided to print my own invitations for the party. I wanted to tie in the "Captain America" theme, and I wanted to do something that would be a keepsake as well. I saw these personalized invitations on Pinterest (from Etsy) and of course, my first thought was -- I can do that! 

So... I did.


The inspiration for the invite from Pinterest.

I had some office supplies left over from another project so I setup a word document using the Avery postcard paper template and set out to recreate the design. I will say however, unless you are really familiar with Microsoft Word, you may not want to try this, you can always just buy the invitations on Etsy. It was simple for me, but could be pretty time consuming for a beginner. I used a free font,  Lafayette Comic, a picture of my son in costume and some small envelopes customized with Captain America stickers that I printed, on a page of labels. 
The finished invites.

It turned out pretty awesome and didn't cost me anything, and so far everyone that has gotten one has been pretty impressed.

~ Jessica

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jessica!
    These are really cute cards!

    Whitney
    The Decor Chronicles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Whitney! I can't take credit for the idea (obviously) but I was able to work my magic on the copy :)

      Delete