Sunday, June 2, 2013

Baked Pancake Deliciousness

The end result. It was so good!
Yes, deliciousness is a real word. For a second I thought I might have just made that up, but I didn't.

Anyway. This is about food and my LOVE for pancakes. 

I remember being about eight or nine and watching attentively as my Uncle instructed me on the "science" of making pancakes.

Make sure the pan is hot. 
Wait for the bubbles in the batter. Check the edges carefully.

 But what I remember most is him emphasizing "patience." You must have patience. If you turn them too soon you'll mess 'em up. 

So imagine my excitement, after 20 years and umpteen burned pancakes, when I pinned a recipe for "Baked Pancakes." I was skeptical at first, but after a long day of working and an afternoon of pinning (it relaxes me), I decided to test out this Pinterest find as a quick breakfast for dinner meal. Breakfast for dinner is always a hit at our house.

The recipe is from Big Red Kitchen.

It consists of milk, butter, egg, sugar, flour, baking powder and salt. Basically, you mix up the ingredients to make the batter, pour it in a pan and bake. You don't have to stand over the stove flipping hotcake after hotcake. It only takes 20 minutes to make everyone pancakes, and everything gets done at the same time so everything is hot and delicious when you're ready to sit and eat. No cold bacon while you're waiting to finish up the pancakes!


I did have to do a few substitutions (like I said, it was a long day) based on what I had in my kitchen at the time. As far as I can tell, it didn't change the deliciousness of the recipe. I used Vanilla Soy Milk, added a little bit of vanilla extract and used a round cake pan. I topped it with blueberries and strawberries, and we them it with a side of bacon.

It is officially my favorite breakfast for dinner!

 

Breakfast for dinner deliciousness!



I haven't made regular pancakes since I found this. I have made it for a few house guests, and although they're skeptical at first, not one person has rejected a second helping.

Thank you Pinterest & Big Red Kitchen!

~ Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment