Sunday, June 9, 2013

Meatless Monday

Gooey Tomato and Cheese Deliciousness.
In an effort to be healthy and get more fruits and vegetables into my families diet, I am testing out this "Meatless Monday" idea. So where do I turn to find good meatless meal ideas? 

Pinterest of course!

(On second thought, I may have initiated Meatless Monday after finding this pin, I don't know...)

Anyway, I found this Rustic Tomato Tart through a Pin to the Lick The Bowl Good blog.

It consists of a homemade crust, Roma tomatoes, Dijon mustard, mozzarella cheese and seasonings. Again, I made do with what was in my kitchen, so I used Dijon Honey Mustard, and for the seasoning I used McCormick Perfect Pinch and garlic salt instead of minced garlic and the others mentioned.

As it baked, it smelled amazing! 

I'm not a fan of mustard really, but you can't even taste the mustard. The tomatoes took on a marinara flavor after being baked, and the crust was crispy and flaky and it oozed with gooey bubbling cheese deliciousness. 

It was easy to cut with a pizza cutter, and kinda reminded me of a stuffed pizza like those you can find in the mall. We had salad with it and let me say, not one person missed the absent meat. It was hearty and delicious. I can't wait to try it again!

Thank you Pinterest & Lick the Bowl Good, it certainly was bowl (cookie sheet actually) licking good.

~ Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment