Sunday, June 16, 2013

Chick-fil-A Nuggets

The result = YUM.
Who doesn't love Chick-fil-A chicken nuggets? Go ahead. Ask around. I'll wait.

Needless to say, when I pinned this copycat recipe from Mandy's Recipe Box I couldn't wait to try to it. My 4-year old's favorite fast food meal is Chick-fil-A chicken nuggets and french fries, so when he found out what was for dinner I knew he'd be the toughest critic.

In this copycat attempt I used the exact ingredients, no substitutions. I didn't make the sauce because my little one prefers ketchup, and I was missing a few ingredients. 

I did vary the preparation slightly. I was a little short on time, so my chicken didn't get to sit as long as perhaps it should have (it marinated for about 1 1/2 hours). It was easy enough to mix the ingredients, and I used canola oil (Peanut oil is suggested). I haven't fried food in years because we're just not a big fried food family, so I dropped one nugget in at a time to test the oil. It took a few botched nuggets before I got the oil hot enough.

Overall the nuggets were very good and flavorful. Comparable to Chick-Fil-A, but not as close as I expected. Perhaps if I let the chicken marinate a little longer, the nuggets would have been more tender. 

We couldn't have Chick-fil-A nuggets without waffle fries, so I baked some. My little one was happy with the end result, and so this is certainly one I'll try again.

Thank you Pinterest & Mandy's Recipe Box!

~ Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment